FYI: Memorium for Marjorie de Muynck

I received the sad news today that Energy Healer/Musician/Animal Advocate/Sound Healer/Author Marjorie de Muynck died from her battle with cancer in January.  I don't have an exact date or any information except for what Marjorie shared with me in the last e-mail she sent me.  At that point she was paralyzed from the waist down and battling cancer for the third time, this time she had a tumor on her lower spine and kidneys.

If you were a student in one of my healing music workshops, you will know about Marjorie and what a dear soul and healer she was and still is because I think she's sticking around for all of us, and she's definitely sticking around for the non-humans who she dearly loved and supported in their plight on Mother Earth. I received so many passionate e-mails from Marjorie, who also hooked me up with a few animal advocacy groups, kept me informed on petitions, etc...Meanwhile, she was obtaining her Masters in Acupuncture/Chinese Medicine.  And prior to that, she had already worked so tirelessly with her sound healing efforts.

I encountered Marjorie when her CD arrived in my mail box when Sounds True sent it to me, I believe in 2007.  I interviewed her for WME and then we started corresponding through e-mails and subsequent interviews.  She had promised that after she passed on, she would still advocate for the animals and for healing with music.  I believe her.

I still feel grief though knowing that Marjorie left this world, and I see her as a pagan saint.  I wonder if she would chuckle at the idea.  I send love to Marjorie's partner Linda, who must be feeling insufferable grief and pain at the moment, and all the animal companions attached to Marjorie, who I know grieve their loss too.  Please send love out to all of them.  Buy Marjorie's books, CDs, and tuning forks to help out those she left behind. And these therapeutic tools are good for you and your patients/clients if you are a sound healer.

And in the meantime, I'm pasting links to interviews with Marjorie.  My Dear, I miss you already and I'm holding you to your promise...but I hope at least you get to meet and hang out with Gandhi, the saints, the Native Elders, Jimi Hendrix, John Coltrane, Dvorak, Mozart, Bach...Oh, yes, and let's not forget, Bob Marley, a kindred soul for you.

I love you and I'll miss you.

http://wholemusicexp.blogspot.com/search/label/Marjorie%20de%20Muynck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre