Immune-boosting classical music

So many times I have read studies about depression lowering immune responses and happiness boosting immunity.  I believe this is true and I believe that the pleasure of listening to delightful music enhances are immunity.  I know when I feel rundown with a cold or other infections, I bring out my favorite classical pieces.  Here is a list of 10 I highly recommend. Try them, and I guarantee you will shorten your recovery time.


1. Prelude to the Afternoon of the Faun--Claude Debussy (French)

2. Clarinet Concerto in A major--W.A. Mozart (Austrian)

3. Exsultate Jubilate--Mozart

4. Rhapsody in Blue--George Gershwin (American)

5. The Grand Canyon Suites--Ferde Grofe (American)

6. Appalachian Spring--Aaron Copeland (American)

7. Six Brandenberg Concertos--J. S. Bach (German)


8. Piano Concerto in G major--Maurice Ravel (France)


9. The Fountains of Rome--Ottorino Respighi (Italy)


10. The Swan of Tuonela--Jean Sibelius (Finland)


If you need a huge boost try the movie soundtrack for The Sound of Music or listen to Judy Garland sing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" a few times.


If you feel anger and helplessness, then listen to Beethoven's 5th Symphony which will take you from despair to triumph, if you listen to its entirety.

Comments

  1. Very interesting. Di yiu have somewhere to read about your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buen Dia MC,

    Very, very nice list!!

    Thanks for sharing... I will rock-it while on my Android during my next 5k at the gym.

    One fabulous piece by Pachelbel is his heavily lauded "Canon in D" - the harpsicord paired with the violas and violins are meditative and yet... the orchestral piece rises into a soothing crescendo. I completely adore it, especially when driving to complete my errands.

    Additionally, I am a fan of classical renditions by modern groups like Apocalyptica "Nothing Else Matters"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPaGE24vpio

    Coldplay "When I ruled the world"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGTJKbMlRvU&feature=fvst

    Have a pleasant day! ~N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm not familiar with some of the artists you mention,but Pachelbel's Cannon is probably "heavily lauded" because it is truly a healing piece of music.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre